Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

How can I add Arabic to the User Preferences Language Selector

Level 2

By default there is a short list of languages that a user can navigate AEM with. Most of our users are able to navigate AEM in English, French or Spanish. We have a need to allow the Arabic language for navigating AEM, how do I go about getting the Arabic language added as a selection? I assume I'll need to upload some language pack but I can't figure out where a resource would be for that.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

BrianKasingli_0-1641866688342.png

Using the Sling Resource Merger in AEM, overlay the /apps/granite/ui/content/userproperties/preferences/form/items/language/items/* node.

Make sure you the overlayed language node as the sling:orderBefore property, so that the configuration is placed in the same area as the original configuration as expected:

BrianKasingli_1-1641867119937.png

Making sure that the ar language options have been added under the language/items resource.

BrianKasingli_2-1641867192506.png

I've created a package that you can install in your AEM local, give it a try. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vaICR3ntEyRMU7SLq8MEBtD7GOvB7IO/view?usp=sharing

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

BrianKasingli_0-1641866688342.png

Using the Sling Resource Merger in AEM, overlay the /apps/granite/ui/content/userproperties/preferences/form/items/language/items/* node.

Make sure you the overlayed language node as the sling:orderBefore property, so that the configuration is placed in the same area as the original configuration as expected:

BrianKasingli_1-1641867119937.png

Making sure that the ar language options have been added under the language/items resource.

BrianKasingli_2-1641867192506.png

I've created a package that you can install in your AEM local, give it a try. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vaICR3ntEyRMU7SLq8MEBtD7GOvB7IO/view?usp=sharing