Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

How are PDF files populating the inside context on the title of the PDF?

Level 2

Hi Team,

I tried to upload a pdf into my AEM instance, and I can see the context inside it in the title of the pdf.

Can you please tell me how the data is coming from the pdf and showing on the title part?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @KaibalyaJena_123 !

Can you please help us understanding the meaning of context inside the pdf. When I tried to upload a pdf document, it took the name(testing.pdf) of my pdf document pre-filled in the modal and there I can change the name of PDF. 

imshailesh_0-1689253891098.png

I changed it to testing_2.pdf and it uploaded with that name.

imshailesh_1-1689253961615.png

Regards,
Shailesh 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @KaibalyaJena_123 !

Can you please help us understanding the meaning of context inside the pdf. When I tried to upload a pdf document, it took the name(testing.pdf) of my pdf document pre-filled in the modal and there I can change the name of PDF. 

imshailesh_0-1689253891098.png

I changed it to testing_2.pdf and it uploaded with that name.

imshailesh_1-1689253961615.png

Regards,
Shailesh 

Community Advisor

@KaibalyaJena_123 

When any asset is uploaded to AEM, "Dam Update Asset"/"Asset processing on SDK" workflow reads the binary for any embedded metadata.

If found, it is inserted into the corresponding metadata fields in AEM.

If you are using windows, you can read through the Properties of the file by right-clicking it.

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

Hello @KaibalyaJena_123  - 

• In AEM, when you upload a PDF document, AEM can extract metadata from the PDF file and populate it in the corresponding metadata fields, such as the title, author, subject, and keywords. The extracted metadata is then used to populate the title part in AEM.

Typically, AEM will analyze the PDF's metadata fields, such as the Title field, and use that information to populate the title part in AEM. If the Title field in the PDF is empty, AEM might use other available metadata fields or generate a default title based on the PDF's file name or other attributes.