Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Hide OOTB Simple Fragment

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to set up permission for a group to create Content Fragments. As part of this I want to remove permission for OOTB Content Fragment models.

Is there any way to hide OOTB Simple Fragment when create new Content Fragment?

riteshpatil_0-1593200433196.png

Really appreciate any help on this.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

See if this helps you

The Sample Fragment is located in the following location - /libs/settings/dam/cfm/templates/simple

You should able to hide the Sample Fragment by removing the read access for this node 

sample-content-fragment.png

(Cloned Sample Fragment to the same location just for demo)

Sample Fragment is not visible  now. Test whether the required scenarios are working after hiding the Sample Fragment

Regards

Albin I

www.albinsblog.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

See if this helps you

The Sample Fragment is located in the following location - /libs/settings/dam/cfm/templates/simple

You should able to hide the Sample Fragment by removing the read access for this node 

(Cloned Sample Fragment to the same location just for demo)

Sample Fragment is not visible  now. Test whether the required scenarios are working after hiding the Sample Fragment

Regards

Albin I

www.albinsblog.com

Level 2

Hi Albin,

Thanks for the reply. We already thought of this approach but making changes under /libs will be overwritten after Service Pack installation or any upgrade.

Is there another way to handle this?

Really appreciate your help !

Thanks,

Ritesh

Community Advisor

My understanding is the permission changes to the custom groups/users should not be overwritten by the service pack installation or any upgrade

Here the permission for the custom group has changed not the content under /libs.