Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Global Content Fragment Models Are Not Visible, but Site CF's are.

Level 2

When creating a new Content Fragment (CF), there normally should be a list of Content Fragment Models (in the create CF dialog page) to base your new CF on.

In one of our AEM ENVs, we have the peculiar case where, on this creation page, we can see only the "site" content fragment models, but not the global ones.

That is to say:

• /conf/<site>/settings/dam/cfm/models/ <--- models visible in create CF page dialog
  • /conf/global/settings/dam/cfm/models/ <---- models not visible in create CF page dialog

Items checked so far are:

• <AEM>/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/content/models.html/conf/global <-- Global models are there
  • /conf/global/settings/dam/cfm/models <-- In CRX, the model nodes are present
  • <AEM>/libs/granite/configurations/content/view.html/conf <-- Configuration Browser. CFs are allowed.
  • Cloud Configuration also set for Folder Properties

To summarize, when creating a new CF, we can see the "site" CF models, but not the Global ones. 

Any suggestions of where else to look in order to "allow" the global CF models??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

for #2 have you applied the configuration as below - in your case it should be /conf/global

Nitin_laad_0-1649962913179.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@david_dorr can you check below line items - 

1. check whether content fragment models are in enabled mode

2. check whether required content fragment models are allowed on asset folder

Content Fragment Models | Adobe Experience Manager

Level 2

Re. 1. 
We are using AEM 6.4. 
In Tools > Assets > Models. We can see the global models and properties. However, there does not seem to be any UI to disable / enable a model ??
Re 2.
The configuration browser has allow CFs. As mentioned, we can use Site CFs, but not the global ones.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

for #2 have you applied the configuration as below - in your case it should be /conf/global

Nitin_laad_0-1649962913179.png

Level 2

Actually, in my case, I had some kind of inheritance override coming from the content/dam folder which was interfering with the Cloud Configuration settings in my content fragments sub folder.

Many thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can try adding allowed path to gloabl cf model

allowedPaths="[/content/dam/site(/.*)?]"

e.g. https://github.com/arunpatidar02/aemaacs-aemlab/blob/4f36640ad52d894c46632ec3b7820150bc8096bb/ui.con...

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi, 
I tried adding 

/content/dam/content-fragments(/.*)?

But this did not work. We also have a "twin" AEM instance, which does not have the global CF problem. In there, as well as here, we have set.

/content/entities(/.*)?

Level 2

To add further...

• I can copy a model node from global to <site>.
    For example, "article" model node copied from /conf/global/settings/dam/cfm/models/ to 
    /conf/<site>/settings/dam/cfm/models/. Article model is now visible.
  • I can also cut & paste previous Content Fragments that were created using the global models.

It remains unknown why the global folder is not visible.