Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Geometrixx Media template

Level 1

Hello, I understand we should be able to create a new site in AEM 5.6.1 and select Geometrixx Media as the template. However, it does not appear among the options available - there is only Geometrixx Demo and Geometrixx Outdoor. 

I can create live copies etc but this causes issues with inheritance and I would prefer to create a site from scratch.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rebecca,

There is no Geometrixx Media blueprint which is why it does not show up as an option when you select "New Site..." from site admin.

That said, you can use the existing Media templates for a new top level site by modifying the "allowedPaths" property on the template node. For example, if you'd like to reuse the "Media Home" template (/apps/geometrixx-media/templates/media-home-page) for a new site, set allowedPaths = "/content(/.*)?"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rebecca,

There is no Geometrixx Media blueprint which is why it does not show up as an option when you select "New Site..." from site admin.

That said, you can use the existing Media templates for a new top level site by modifying the "allowedPaths" property on the template node. For example, if you'd like to reuse the "Media Home" template (/apps/geometrixx-media/templates/media-home-page) for a new site, set allowedPaths = "/content(/.*)?"

Level 5

Rebecca,

Is this upgraded instance or new 5.6.1 instance ?

Yogesh

Level 1

Hi Yogesh, it's 5.6.0.20130125 - sorry, I did say 5.6.1 but obviously got that wrong. :)