Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Folder Name and Title

Level 2

I am working from within the Touch UI. I have a folder structure we use as a template that can be copied and pasted to another location in the DAM. We paste this in the new location and change the folder title to the new desired title. The problem is that this does not change the 'Name' of the folder just the title. Our design team uses the Desktop companion app and the Folder Name is what is shown there, not the title, so this is causing problem.

Is there a simple way to be able to change the Folder Title and Name from the touch UI? Or can a field be added to the properties page of the folder to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@spencerl80474156 you can easily change a DAM folder title from the folder's properties. When open folder's properties view in TouchUI, under Details tab set desired title in a "Folder Title" field and save changes.

To change a folder name you have to use Move wizard.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

spencerl80474156 - As per the current implementation, The only way to change the name is either from folder properties(Metadata schema should expose the name property) or creating a project-based implementation to update the folder name in the repository when copy-paste operation is performed.

Correct answer by
Employee

@spencerl80474156 you can easily change a DAM folder title from the folder's properties. When open folder's properties view in TouchUI, under Details tab set desired title in a "Folder Title" field and save changes.

To change a folder name you have to use Move wizard.

Level 2

Thanks everyone. I am aware how to change the Folder title from the properties page, but if I am not moving the folder, just copying and pasting, how does the "Move Wizard" help?

There is an issue deeper than moving a file or folder. If I add a file and then change the file's or folder's Title, I cannot change the file or folder's Name. For example. someone creates and asset (we'll say an image) and the named it improperly before uploading to the DAM, then once they have uploaded to the DAM realize their error, they can change the file or folder title, which is good for the Web UI, but if you are using the Desktop companion app it still only shows the file or folder Name, not the title, and the Name is still showing the error. so unless this is communicated to someone that is using the desktop app they will be looking for the wrong asset.

Level 2

Thanks everyone. I am aware how to change the Folder title from the properties page, but if I am not moving the folder, just copying and pasting, how does the "Move Wizard" help?

There is an issue deeper than moving a file or folder. If I add a file and then change the file's or folder's Title, I cannot change the file or folder's Name. For example. someone creates and asset (we'll say an image) and the named it improperly before uploading to the DAM, then once they have uploaded to the DAM realize their error, they can change the file or folder title, which is good for the Web UI, but if you are using the Desktop companion app it still only shows the file or folder Name, not the title, and the Name is still showing the error. so unless this is communicated to someone that is using the desktop app they will be looking for the wrong asset.