Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Folder Images are blurry

Level 1

We have just created a new library of assets in AEM 6.0.  I have uploaded a set of images to act as folder images, but while the images are crisp and clear individually, when they are used as a folder preview, they are blurry.  Any thoughts as to why?  Adjusting the resolution of the image does not seem to make a difference.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If you inspect the image used for the folder preview, what size is AEM using?

In my instance I see "/content/dam/geometrixx-unlimited.folderthumbnail.jpg?width=240&height=140&ch_ck=1437420668000" 

Some of the OOTB folders also have blurry images, what is the size of your image and it's renditions? Could it be AEM is upscaling an image/rendition?

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

When you referecne these digital assets in an AEM web page - they are clear - correct? 

Level 1

They are.  Yes.  It is only on the home page that they look blurry.  All renditions look clear.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If you inspect the image used for the folder preview, what size is AEM using?

In my instance I see "/content/dam/geometrixx-unlimited.folderthumbnail.jpg?width=240&height=140&ch_ck=1437420668000" 

Some of the OOTB folders also have blurry images, what is the size of your image and it's renditions? Could it be AEM is upscaling an image/rendition?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 1

I have tried image sizes at 216x216, 450 x 450, and 900 x 900 px. as test cases.  They all look the same on the folder.  They are being downsized, but I can't seem to see what the resolution is of the folder preview image itself.  When the image is opened in an info box, it is perfectly clear at the same size.