Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Folder content package deployment

Level 1

Whenever I'm creating a headless content package by adding a filter by folder path, any update in the existing content is ignored during deployment. When I build and download the package in a lower environment, I can see the updated content is available. Even after uploading the package and downloading it in a higher environment, I can see the changes available. So it's confirmed that content is getting ignored during installing just because of the filtering content using the folder path. Has anyone noticed a similar behaviour? Wondering if it's a desirable behaviour?

Here is the filter I have for content package:

<filter root="/content/dam/xyz/en/<Folder-Name>" mode="merge"/>

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@contacttomukesh 

Any content that already exists on the target environment, will not be updated due to mode="merge"

You would need to use update/replace instead. Please find the details below:

1. replace : This is the normal behavior. Existing content is replaced completely by the imported content, i.e. is overridden or deleted accordingly.
  2. merge : Existing content is not modified, i.e. only new content is added and none is deleted or modified. 
  3. update : Existing content is updated, new content is added and none is deleted.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@contacttomukesh 

Any content that already exists on the target environment, will not be updated due to mode="merge"

You would need to use update/replace instead. Please find the details below:

1. replace : This is the normal behavior. Existing content is replaced completely by the imported content, i.e. is overridden or deleted accordingly.
  2. merge : Existing content is not modified, i.e. only new content is added and none is deleted or modified. 
  3. update : Existing content is updated, new content is added and none is deleted.

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@contacttomukesh  can you try giving with out any mode. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<workspaceFilter version="1.0">
    <filter root="/apps/my-site"/> // if empty, the mode is "replace"
</workspaceFilter>

Ref Link : https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-vault-package-filter-x...