Expand my Community achievements bar.

Finding issue in updating the thumbnail of a page through page properties

Level 1

Hello, after creating a page in AEM, i am unable to update it's thumbnail through it's page properties. Please help me out

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi @Tushar25 ,

1. Please check whether you're able to update any other page properties, if not it might be a permission issue. 

2. if the issue is with the thumbnail then please check error.log

Community Advisor

Hi @Tushar25 ,

Can you check in your browser console if you are getting any JS error most probably that would be the reason?
Also in network tab of browser check if you are seeing below two n/w calls when you select any image:
api/assets/jpmorgan/images/<sample-image>.jpg.json
mnt/overlay/granite/ui/content/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/picker.html

-Tarun

Level 2

hi @Tushar25 ,

Hope you have already found an answer for this. If you haven't please check below

If you are trying to update via the "select Image" option by selecting an image from the DAM, there seems to be an OOTB assetPicker (/libs/wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/thumbnail/items/column/items/thumbnail/assetpicker) Issue.The value is getting updated in the crx/de, however its not reflecting on the browser.

As a workaround, you can follow the below steps

1. Delete the property present  in the page/jcr:content/image/fileReference
  2. Update the page properties with the Icon
  3. The changes are then reflecting on the page browser

Or you can try creating a package with the thumbnail image and install the same

Thanks,

Anil

Community Advisor

@Tushar25 

I would request you to be more specific about, what you mean by "unable to update it's thumbnail". Please add screenshots, check for console errors in browser and also in error.log.

It would help us provide relevant solution

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@Tushar25 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!  

Kautuk Sahni