Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Failed to load workitem information

Level 2

Greetings,

Occasionally our users are occasionally encountering the following error while trying to complete a workflow.  The error says, "Failed to load workitem information. The selected item may no longer be available."

image-20200320-202307.png

I have been tasked with trying to diagnose the cause of the issue, but unfortunately we don't have steps for replication.  I'm hoping someone has some insight on what causes AEM to throw this particular error.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@johnagordon83 

Can you also share the error logs for the above issue?

Community Advisor

Could you also check the access rights?
And open a network tab in browser to check which request is failing?

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi @arunpatidar, I am facing a similar issue. I have a user created on local AEM 6.5.9 as Author. When trying to approve the content from my inbox, I get the error:

ankita_das_0-1669119109318.png

http://localhost:4502/var/workflow/instances/server0/2022-11-22/content-approval_3/workItems/node1_v... throwing 404.

What permissions should I provide?

Level 2

Basically the user needs to have permission to /var/workflow/... So, either you can add the user to the workflow-users group or can externally provide permissions.