Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Exponential/Unexplained CRX Growth in Segment Store

Level 3

Afternoon AEM Team,

We have a real head scratcher here. Our UAT environment is growing in size at a phenomenal rate. It grew 13GB just today while sitting idle (although it did do a re-index after TAR compaction). It added 52 TAR files to the segment store in just one day!

We did a TAR compaction which only saved maybe 8% of disk space.

We have a total of over 1800 TAR files  and the segment store is 151GB.

When using the Disk Usage utility (/etc/reports/diskusage.html) AEM only reports its size as only 70GB.

I guess my question is, what next? it's out memory so barely responsive and we need a steer on things to try in order to understand what is happening.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You might want to enable write logging so see what's actually happening in your repo; see What is writing to my Oak repository? | Things on a content management system

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You might want to enable write logging so see what's actually happening in your repo; see What is writing to my Oak repository? | Things on a content management system

Jörg

Level 8

Hello,

May be taking heap/thread dumps and going over that might provide some leads.