Expand my Community achievements bar.

Explore a single platform for the entire AEM Community. Reach New Heights in Adobe Experience Manager | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Explore a single platform for the entire AEM Community. Reach New Heights in Adobe Experience Manage... by Nikhil Kumar

Abstract

In this article we will focus on one of the Accessibility feature which is Skip to Main content.
When keyboard-only users interact with our AEM website they use tab key to jump from link to link. If we have lots of links at the start of our page in your header navigation, they must tab through those every time when they come to a new page just to get to the main content. Providing a skip to main content link allows to bypass this.

Now lets understand how we can use AEM OOTB features to achieve this functionality. I have created a maven archetype project using archetype 27 and I got content-page as a default template for my pages. So let’s go ahead and checkout it’s policies.

Now if you see the structure here, it shows that it has two containers and the parent one is pointing to a policy so let’s go and checkout that policy.

So this policy is meant for adding a  element for the page content. So which means we need to have a parent container which will have this policy and then a child container which will have policy for the editable templates component restrictions. Now let’s checkout the structure of the template.

Read Full Blog

Explore a single platform for the entire AEM Community. Reach New Heights in Adobe Experience Manage...

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies