Expand my Community achievements bar.

Experience Fragments Smart Translations Structure (BROKEN)

Level 6

For experience fragments, dealing with the template structure, header and footer, it works as expected. When the experience-fragment lives inside of the editable template structure, the localization all works.

Adobe documentation suggests:

Fallback

The Experience Fragment Component will attempt to find a corresponding localized component in the following order.

1. First it tries to find a language root.
  2. If not found, it tries to find a blueprint.
  3. If not found, it tries to find a live copy.
  4. If not found, it defaults to the experience fragment configured in the component.

But now, as a content author, I will create a new page in the language masters.  I drag and drop the experience fragment on a page. When I live copy that page to sub pages, the experience-fragment's link is stuck, and does not get reflected. 

Why does editable templates > structured experience fragments work as expected, but when content authors are authoring the experience fragment at the language-master level, and when the page is rolled out, the paths don't update. Od enough, only the en language master, the locales are rolled out as expected. 

/content
+-- experience-fragments
   \-- wknd
      +-- language-masters
         +-- en
            +-- customXF (language master)
         \-- es
            +-- customXF (language copy from /content/experience-fragments/wknd/language-masters/en)
      +-- us
         +-- en
            +-- customXF (live copied)
         \-- es
      \-- ch
         +-- de
         +-- fr
         \-- it
+-- wknd
   +-- language-masters
      +-- en
            +-- customPage (language master)
      \-- es
            +-- customPage (launage copied from /content/wknd/language-masters/en)
      \-- fr
      \-- it
   +-- us
      +-- en
            +-- customPage (live copied)
      \-- es
   +-- ch
      +-- de
      +-- fr
      \-- it

1 Reply

Community Advisor

@AEMWizard 

Can you please try by using "Creating a Translation Integration Configuration"

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/sites/administer...

The link rewrites here work with Content Fragments, I am hoping the same for Experience Fragments as well

Aanchal Sikka