Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Error uploading package with Package Manager

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I am trying to upload a basic package to stage environment (with Package Manage). It is a simple 1.5MB content package.

When I click the button to upload, an animation of a loading icon stays forever in the screen.

If I check the Chrome Dev Tools, it says the following in the console:

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)"

"Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

at doDecode (ext-all-debug.js:11527)

at Object.decode (ext-all-debug.js:11649)

at Ext.form.Action.Submit.handleResponse (ext-all-debug.js:59055)

at Ext.form.Action.Submit.processResponse (ext-all-debug.js:58876)

at Ext.form.Action.Submit.success (ext-all-debug.js:59024)

at runCallback (ext-all-debug.js:8652)

at Ext.data.Connection.cb (ext-all-debug.js:8656)

at HTMLIFrameElement.h (ext-all-debug.js:2463)"

Anyone has seen this before?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi guys,

I found a workaround for this. It seems there is something wrong with the zip file.

If I unpack the zip file download from Package Manager, and if I pack it again, it works fine.

I used Linux Ubuntu 16.04 default zip/unzip file operations available from `Files` app for that.

I will mark this  thread as solved because I could find a workaround, but I think there is a bug here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

See if you can upload to a DEV instance. That will tell us if issue is with package or instance. This message could mean there is an issue with the package.

Level 3

Hi, I have tested it here, with the followings results:

a) Build and download from localhost: upload to locahost (ok), to stage (FAIL), to preprod (FAIL);

b) Build and download from stage: upload to localhost (ok), to stage (ok), to preprod (ok);

c) Build and download from preprod: upload to localhost (ok), to stage (FAIL), to preprod (FAIL);

Preprod is strange, it fails to install even to itself.

The content of the package is very simple. It has only one filter: /content/mycompany/en-US. We want just to synchronize stage64 with the last changes that have been authored.

Localhost and preprod have the most recent changes. Observing the results, my guess is  a content that may have been introduced lately could be causing the error.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi guys,

I found a workaround for this. It seems there is something wrong with the zip file.

If I unpack the zip file download from Package Manager, and if I pack it again, it works fine.

I used Linux Ubuntu 16.04 default zip/unzip file operations available from `Files` app for that.

I will mark this  thread as solved because I could find a workaround, but I think there is a bug here.