Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error logs in AEMaaCS

Level 2

I am seeing a particular error in the logs which comes when a page is rendered in the edit mode.

18.08.2022 05:29:31.741 [] *ERROR* [ [1660800571706] GET /editor.html/content/abc/us/en.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.msm.ui.servlet.IsSourceRenderCondition path /content/abc/us/en.html to check render condition is not valid

NOTE:  This is happening for any page opened in edit mode. 
MSM is not implemented.

Any thoughts on this ?

EDIT: I have been trying to get to the root cause of this error and following are my findings

1.  I was able to replicate the same error in my local. SDK version aem-sdk-2022.7.8085.20220725T140323Z-220700
2. On hitting "com.adobe.cq.msm.ui.servlet" in the Package Dependencies, I found 
    <dependency> <artifactId>com.adobe.cq.msm.ui</artifactId>

<version>0.3.18</version>

<groupId>com.adobe.cq</groupId>

<scope>provided</scope> </dependency>
3. From the "crx-quickstart\launchpad\felix" I was able to get the jar file and on decompiling it, I found the servlet which is            causing this error.
4. This error message is coming from this "IsSourceRenderCondition" servlet where it is looking for "item" parameter from           the request object, if not found, it gets the path suffix from the request object which is coming out to be null in my case             and that is causing the issue.

5.  The servlet is bound with "wcm/msm/components/touch-ui/renderconditions/issource" resource type and when I looked           for this resource type I found the "/libs/wcm/msm/components/touch-ui/renderconditions" but there is no issource inside           the renderconditions folder.

I am suspecting some js file is invoking this servlet but why this servlet is getting invoked at first place, is still the question.

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Do you see any visible and/or unexpected effect on this request?

Otherwise I would ignore it (maybe file a support ticket to fix this error message).

Level 2

I do not see any impact of this error but was just working on cleaning the logs. I have done some analysis and found out from where this error is coming up. (Edited my question and have posted the analysis).  Please have a look. 

Thank you for your suggestion.

Level 1

Hi this issue is comming, in my case, when it's trying to save a RTE. So the RTE doesn't save changes like text alignment.

Error log:

04.02.2023 13:44:23.298 [cm-p64062-e536423-aem-author-dc788555b-kbbmx] *ERROR* [38.25.9.127 [1675518263265] GET /editor.html/content/test-site/testpage_17768bae-c421-49e2-a0e7-4b72379c4f93/components.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.msm.ui.servlet.IsSourceRenderCondition path /content/test-site/testpage_17768bae-c421-49e2-a0e7-4b72379c4f93/components.html to check render condition is not valid

Employee Advisor

This error message is unrelated to the save operation (as it happens in the context of rendering that page).

This ERROR message is unrelated to your problem.

Level 1

Hello friend. How are you. I like your comment. It is full of information. I like it very much

Level 1

I am getting a similar issue,
*ERROR*  GET /strategic-sourcing-contact-form/Strategic-Sourcing-Contact-Form-Thank-You-Page.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.msm.ui.servlet.IsSourceRenderCondition path /strategic-sourcing-contact-form/Strategic-Sourcing-Contact-Form-Thank-You-Page.html to check render condition is not valid

I have a AEM core form component, when I open that form in "view as published" or preview mode, the form does not works and redirects to the error page.

But when I publish the form page, then it works as expected in the published environment.