Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Encrypt/decrypt the connection between publisher and dispatcher

Level 4

Hi Experts

There is a request to encrypt/decrypt the connection between the publisher and dispatcher.  We want all the data flow to encrypt i.e the flow from the publisher to dispatcher & author to publisher. 

Please advise achieving this?

Thanks in advance 

Nanda

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I think its better if you provide more information like whether you on on-prem, AMS or CS.

This seems to be a tedious job and I have not seen anyone doing this. What kind of security threat you are seeing?

In case of

• On-Prem - You own both author & publisher. Then i dont think you need this as you habe full control of author/publisher which means you can control who can access your environments. And ideally you should have both author & publisher behind the fireball. I dont see a major issue here.
  • AMS/CS - Environment owned by Adobe and we have seen many banking customers, financial domains customer who are using this without demanding the need to encrpyt the data flow b/w author & publisher.

It better, if you once more why this is needed? Is this really posing a threat to your system or data?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

I think its better if you provide more information like whether you on on-prem, AMS or CS.

This seems to be a tedious job and I have not seen anyone doing this. What kind of security threat you are seeing?

In case of

• On-Prem - You own both author & publisher. Then i dont think you need this as you habe full control of author/publisher which means you can control who can access your environments. And ideally you should have both author & publisher behind the fireball. I dont see a major issue here.
  • AMS/CS - Environment owned by Adobe and we have seen many banking customers, financial domains customer who are using this without demanding the need to encrpyt the data flow b/w author & publisher.

It better, if you once more why this is needed? Is this really posing a threat to your system or data?

Level 4

Thank you@tusharbias,  You are correct that this is not required as long as in on-prem. 

Our AEM is on-Prem and decided to move to the cloud, which is non-AMS. The recommendation from the cloud team is to encrypt/decrypt all the flows, which is why this request had raised. 

Is there any possibility to achieve this?

Thanks

Nanda