Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Enable target option on component disappear component edit bar (AEM 6)

Level 9

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has faced similar issue. When i enable target on custom component the editbar of that component disappears and i can not revert back it to same component, even i don't know where "disabletargeting" option will come on edit bar or not (as it should be based on default behavior)

Please share if you find any solution regard this issue.

Thanks,

Pawan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I remember facing the same issue sometime back when I was trying with targeting. Please do raise a ticket aswell.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Still looking for response, if someone has fixed this issue?

Correct answer by
Level 10

I remember facing the same issue sometime back when I was trying with targeting. Please do raise a ticket aswell.

Level 2

Hi Pawan,

I found the below article that explains the problem and workaround. Please verify if this resolves your issue.

http://aempodcast.com/2013/test-target/a-bug-with-targeting-in-aem-5-6-and-a-workaround/

And to disable the target in the edit bar your need to add the below config to cq:editConfig

cq:disableTargeting="true"

Hope this helps.

Level 3

Hi All,

Anyone got solution on above issue or idea how to resolve, we are facing the same one with our custom component.

Thanks