Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Email service send mail with file attachments

Level 2

Hi All,

could you help me to find  "how to attach file without upload file in DAM and direct attach to email and send ".

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ritesh01 

• Use <input> element with type as file to upload a file and pass it on to a servlet.
    <form id="submitForm"action="/bin/servlets/submitForm"method="POST"novalidate="novalidate"enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <label for="name">Name</label><input name="userName"type="text"class="fieldInner"id="name"required>
    <input name="file"value="Choose File"type="file"class="chooseFileInner"required/>
    <input type="submit"id="applied"value="Submit"/>
    </form>

dev_aem_0-1647955939159.png
  • Write a sling servlet that receives the file as an inputstream. You can attach this to org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmail
    Below is working piece of servlet code.
    try {
    RequestParameter attach = request.getRequestParameter("file");
    InputStream ip = attach.getInputStream();
    HtmlEmail email = new HtmlEmail();
    //MailTemplate mailTemplate = MailTemplate.create(templatePath, session);
    //HtmlEmail email = mailTemplate.getEmail(StrLookup.mapLookup(new HashMap<String, String>(parameters)), HtmlEmail.class);
    ByteArrayDataSource fileDS = new ByteArrayDataSource(ip, "application/pdf");
    email.attach(fileDS, "application/pdf", "This is your attached file.");
    email.addTo("receiver@example.com");
    email.setSubject("test email subject");
    email.setMsg("text email body");
    email.setHtmlMsg("<html><head></head><body><p>html email body</p></body></html>");
    email.setFrom("sender@example.com","TestUser");
    // Declare a MessageGateway service
    MessageGateway<Email> messageGateway;
    messageGateway = messageGatewayService.getGateway(HtmlEmail.class);
    messageGateway.send(email);
    } catch (EmailException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    tempsnip.png
    Note: SMTP has to be configured in order for aem to send emails. This is an OOTB configuration.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ritesh01 

• Use <input> element with type as file to upload a file and pass it on to a servlet.
    <form id="submitForm"action="/bin/servlets/submitForm"method="POST"novalidate="novalidate"enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <label for="name">Name</label><input name="userName"type="text"class="fieldInner"id="name"required>
    <input name="file"value="Choose File"type="file"class="chooseFileInner"required/>
    <input type="submit"id="applied"value="Submit"/>
    </form>

dev_aem_0-1647955939159.png
  • Write a sling servlet that receives the file as an inputstream. You can attach this to org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmail
    Below is working piece of servlet code.
    try {
    RequestParameter attach = request.getRequestParameter("file");
    InputStream ip = attach.getInputStream();
    HtmlEmail email = new HtmlEmail();
    //MailTemplate mailTemplate = MailTemplate.create(templatePath, session);
    //HtmlEmail email = mailTemplate.getEmail(StrLookup.mapLookup(new HashMap<String, String>(parameters)), HtmlEmail.class);
    ByteArrayDataSource fileDS = new ByteArrayDataSource(ip, "application/pdf");
    email.attach(fileDS, "application/pdf", "This is your attached file.");
    email.addTo("receiver@example.com");
    email.setSubject("test email subject");
    email.setMsg("text email body");
    email.setHtmlMsg("<html><head></head><body><p>html email body</p></body></html>");
    email.setFrom("sender@example.com","TestUser");
    // Declare a MessageGateway service
    MessageGateway<Email> messageGateway;
    messageGateway = messageGatewayService.getGateway(HtmlEmail.class);
    messageGateway.send(email);
    } catch (EmailException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    tempsnip.png
    Note: SMTP has to be configured in order for aem to send emails. This is an OOTB configuration.

Thanks

Level 2

Single file working fine but I have added multiple files and added for loop it moves infinity loop can you help me 

Community Advisor

I have not tried multiple files. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Level 2

multifile upload working only file name issue like that I have upload 4 file and received in the mail 9 files (request Parameter + upload files) and every file name same  

ritesh01_1-1648096150317.png