Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Editable template structure is un-editable

Level 2

I am trying to get editable templates to work, without much luck. I found this video on the AEM Comunity Channel that is doing exactly what I am trying to do - set up a simple example from a baseline created from the maven archetype. At 1:50 in the video, he drops a layout container into the structure of his page - I can't do this. I can find the component in the sidebar and drag it into the body of the template, but nothing happens. Same is true for all the other components in the sidebar - not just the layout container. I also don't see the blue positioning arrows that appear in the video, indicating that it has no intention of allowing me to drop anything. Assuming that I'm an admin on the server and I've followed all the preceding steps in this video, notably setting up a policy on the root that allows layout containers, what is determining that my structure components don't belong?

The same seems to be true if I try to manipulate the structure of the we-retail templates. I can modify the existing we-retail content template (based on empty page template type) but if I create my own template from the same template type, it cannot be modified.

This seems like it should be something simple, but I haven't figured it out yet.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - restarted my server and now it works. Just a glitch I guess.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

You need to create policies to author components on the page. please check below links on creating editable templates

YOURTESTBOOK

AEM Developer Learning : Dynamic (Editable) Templates in AEM 6.3 : Part-1

Level 2

I don't think that's it. There is a step in the video where he explicitly includes layout containers in the policy. In addition, the we-retail template appears to already have layout containers enabled for both the root layout container (which is presumably the one that I am trying to modify) and the one inside of it - I was thinking that perhaps I had only enabled the inner container, but having double-checked, that seems not to be the case.

Correct answer by
Level 2

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - restarted my server and now it works. Just a glitch I guess.