Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

edit bar  for touch UI

Level 2

I can't seem to figure why my edit bars in classic view works but when I switch to touch UI nothing shows up. Is it possible to have edit bars for touch UI? If so how do I go about implementing that? 

CLASSIC VIEW

Touch UI view

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

As far as I know, Touch UI is not fully implemented in AEM6.0. I am using AEM6.1 version and you can edit the component by using configure button in the below screenshot.

As scott stated, you can also select component using the Classic UI and automatically it shows in Touch UI.

Or

You can select the design mode(in the screenshot) and choose the component in Touch UI.

I hope this clears you!!

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Are the above screenshots for classic UI taken in design mode?

Thanks

Level 2

Good Morning,

No it's taken in edit mode.

Level 10

I personally switch to classic UI to set settings via the Edit bars. For example, if i want to select a new component under a specific category - i do so in Classic then it shows up in Touch UI. 

Level 2

Yeah that works for me as well but does that mean we can't edit via edit bars in touch UI? 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

As far as I know, Touch UI is not fully implemented in AEM6.0. I am using AEM6.1 version and you can edit the component by using configure button in the below screenshot.

As scott stated, you can also select component using the Classic UI and automatically it shows in Touch UI.

Or

You can select the design mode(in the screenshot) and choose the component in Touch UI.

I hope this clears you!!

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

Level 10

I don't thinks so that it's available in Touch UI, as @scott mentioned you need to switch to classic UI for that.

Level 10

You can add the components in design mode using Touch UI as well.

Please find the below screenshot for touch UI.

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

Employee

The documentation about Design mode - for both touch-optimized and classic - is available under: