Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Easy user login for editng a page

Level 1

Hello All,

I am new to Adobe CQ5 and I am looking for a way my users on my website could easily login to edit the page that they are on. I would like to create a link on the page that says to edit this page click here. After clicking on it they would be directed to login and then straight back to the page to edit that page. I want to be able to skip the Green Editor (WCM editor) because a lot of my users have no experience but the drop and drag features are pretty easy to use. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Afrazita

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

AEM follow rest principal & you can access resource directly & after authentication it will redirect to requested page. Example request for [1] at author takes to login page & entering valid credentials takes you directly to page for editing.  With this you can have link in publish instance page to take to authors directly.

In case you are looking to allow anoymous access to all pages in author instance & edit takes to authentication. You can achieve it but as a new user it might be difficult for you to get grasp my steps to achieve it.   

Right way would be get trained authors on AEM they will grasp green screens easily.  

[1]   http://localhost:4502/content/geometrixx/en.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

AEM follow rest principal & you can access resource directly & after authentication it will redirect to requested page. Example request for [1] at author takes to login page & entering valid credentials takes you directly to page for editing.  With this you can have link in publish instance page to take to authors directly.

In case you are looking to allow anoymous access to all pages in author instance & edit takes to authentication. You can achieve it but as a new user it might be difficult for you to get grasp my steps to achieve it.   

Right way would be get trained authors on AEM they will grasp green screens easily.  

[1]   http://localhost:4502/content/geometrixx/en.html