Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Dynamic media

Level 6

Hi Team,

In dynamic media ootb component it has data-config attribute why do we need config Url I'm trying to understand this attribute but couldn't find.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Most of the time, the "data-*" attributes follow a common pattern, signifying that the information contained in these attributes will be utilized by a JavaScript snippet. This holds true for the dynamicMedia component, where the data loaded under "data-config" is subsequently employed by the Scene7 scripts. If I am not mistaken, all the information is consolidated into this attribute from various sources, which is why you may need to set the config URL as well.

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Most of the time, the "data-*" attributes follow a common pattern, signifying that the information contained in these attributes will be utilized by a JavaScript snippet. This holds true for the dynamicMedia component, where the data loaded under "data-config" is subsequently employed by the Scene7 scripts. If I am not mistaken, all the information is consolidated into this attribute from various sources, which is why you may need to set the config URL as well.

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante