Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Dropping an image onto component changes resourceType to textImage

Level 5

Bit of a confusing one: I have a custom component that has a resource super type of the foundation component textImage. It has a smartImage dialog along with some other text fields etc. All is fine when the user drags the component on to the page, right clicks it, selects edit and sets an image through the dialog. However if they drag an image from the left hand panel on to the component it changes the resource type from my custom component to the foundation text image component. If they then right click and go edit they don't see my dialog but instead the textImage one. 

I don't understand why this is the case!! How can dragging an image change a component resource type! 

I'm using AEM 5.6

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Dropping an image into a component will not change the resource type. I would test this on a clean install of CQ. Let us know the results. If it still occurs - send me a package to test at scottm@adobe.com. I have never seen this behaviour. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 9

Well,

This seems a bug. In my initial guess, it might be happening because of a feature which allows you do drop an image from the content finder and when you do that image component comes along with the image.

Ideally, It should not change component resource type.

Jitendra

Correct answer by
Level 10

Dropping an image into a component will not change the resource type. I would test this on a clean install of CQ. Let us know the results. If it still occurs - send me a package to test at scottm@adobe.com. I have never seen this behaviour.