Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Dispatcher replication agent default triggers - Adobe Docs

Level 4

This post is to ask Adobe to clarify documentation regarding triggers with respects to flush agents.  There seems to be some slight differences when originating the flush configuration from an author versus from a publish instance talking to the web server.

I invite the community to respond with their descriptions/use-cases of when its best to set each trigger, why, and even how!

The issue we've run into is when creating an installation with curl configurations we create the dispatcher flush agent with curl.  The default triggers are not populated and therefore the dispatcher is not fully configured and the web server not flushed when an image or page changes.

Other instructions say to 'copy the default agent and modify it to your needs'.  My request to Adobe team is to update the documentation page to declare what the defaults are!  This page doesn't tell me what the default triggers are for a dispatcher flush agent (at the time I create this post that is):

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/configuring/replication.html

But this other site does quite a nice job detailing it:

CQ Dispatcher Flush Agent Set Up - CQ Tutorials

It would be a good discussion about when each trigger might be used, what its impact is, and when it is the default.  This is because while the delivered package may not change the default, if it does, we will never know and also when another group or team provides the installation it would be nice to know what the defaults were and help understand why the defaults may or may not be enabled.

Correct answer points to the person who lists defaults for flush agent on author, flush agent on publish, which triggers are most commonly used for other purposes, and when/which triggers to avoid or to 'split to contexts' when performance concerns may arise.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We passed this thread to the doc team.

In mean time - have you watched this Dispatcher Ask the AEM Community Experts session. It contains a lot of great information.

Scott's Digital Community: Ask the AEM Community Experts for July 2017

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

We passed this thread to the doc team.

In mean time - have you watched this Dispatcher Ask the AEM Community Experts session. It contains a lot of great information.

Scott's Digital Community: Ask the AEM Community Experts for July 2017

Level 4

Thanks, Scott!  I will review the video and post an update.  I'd gladly give you the points on this item but will leave it for a day or so and see what other info might come from the community if that's okay....

Level 4

Excellent presentation!  Keeping the dispatcher in mind during development and making concern for architecture of the application to best utilize caching frameworks was very well presented.