Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

dispatcher on iis server

Level 7

iis verison 10.0...dispatcher I donwloaded dispatcher-iis-windows-x64-4.2.3.zip

After folloing the docx and videos over adobe official site and channel ..

I am getting the following error

1833900_pastedImage_2.png

Any one else faced the same issue ?

15 Replies

Employee

When configuring dispatcher for IIS, make sure that you deselect Invoke Handler Only If Request Is Mapped To.

KB: Installing Dispatcher

Paragraph: Integrating the Dispatcher ISAPI Module - IIS 8.5 and 10

Step  5 - 8

Employee

Adding to what Leo indicated, also make sure the .dll file is accessible

Level 7

The. dll file contaiing floder -----properties ---security ----full control to user and adminstrator given.....?? That's enough??

I have seen in some of article where adding IISAppPool\defauktAppPool.... Please suggest

Employee Advisor

Hey,

You should always use the latest dispatcher version. Try with the dispatcher-iis-windows-x64-4.3.2.zip which was released in Jan, 2019. Download the latest version from AEM Dispatcher Release Notes

Regards,

Vishu

Level 7

I justr checked but my all configuration is similar to that recommedation only....i idndt add ISAPI filter . Used  through handler mapping

Not able to get the server running on localhost:80

Employee

You need to make sure that you have placed the dll file at the location you specified in your configuration:

C:\inetpub\Scripts\disp_iis.dll

Then make sure that the user running the w3wp.exe process has full access to the .dll file.

Also, important to note that the link you used to download the disaptcher is an old version of the dispatcher (4.2.3) The latest version (4.3.2) can be found here:

AEM Dispatcher Release Notes

Level 7

I have changed ini file and added script path= /scripts/.dllfilename .... And configpath= full dispatchwr. Any file location .......

My w3wp.exe user...checked with task manager...that user I added in the security tab of dll file and the docroot file..and given full control .. ...

Still getting the same error....

Turn on or off windows feature...

Isapi extension is checked..

And all other necessary feature is enabled....

Asp. Net also required?  Even I have tried with both scenerio it didn't work....

Level 10

Could you share appropriate screenshots of the issue?

Check the steps mentioned @ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/942031/http-error-500-0-internal-server-error-error-when-yo...  for 0x8007007f error

Remove the ISAPI filter that is not valid. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr.exe, and then click OK.
  2. In IIS Manager, expand server name, expand Web sites, and then click the Web site that you want to modify.
  3. In Features view, double-click ISAPI Filters.
  4. Right-click the ISAPI filter that you want to remove, and then click Remove.

Edit the handler mapping for the requested resource to point to the .dll file that can process the request. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr.exe, and then click OK.
  2. In IIS Manager, expand server name, expand Web sites, and then click the Web site that you want to modify.
  3. In Features view, double-click Handler Mappings.
  4. Right-click the script mapping that you want to edit, and then click Edit.
  5. In the Edit Script Map dialog box, type the appropriate executable file in the Executable box, and then click OK.

ASP.NET is not required if I'm able to recall correctly. Check if the following screenshots help in any way. Ignore the REGEX /content/hotel* in screenshots  and use * as mentioned in Adobe docs

If you plan to use a domain, then make sure host entry exists for the same otherwise use localhost:80 and Default website/DefaultAppPool should suffice.

1834328_pastedImage_4.png

1834329_pastedImage_5.png

1834330_pastedImage_6.png

1834335_pastedImage_8.png

1834336_pastedImage_11.png

Level 7

Hey Gaurav,

Thanks buddy .....followed your steps from starting and these scrensshots help me to get it resolved thanks..!!!