Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Disable publishing for language masters pages

Level 3

Our authors keep accidentally publishing language masters. though they don't get published outside the firewall, we want a mechanism to completely disable publish for language-masters tree

What's the best way to do that and are there existing packages already we can install to enable such capability?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @aem-explorer, you should use ACLs to set proper level of permissions for author group. This will prevent members of this group to publish pages from language-master tree. In other words Replicate permission should be set only for content tree that are not part of you language-master.

As an example I've modified OOTB content-authors (Authors) group in context of we-retail. This has been done from AEM Security console/view accessible under /useradmin :

acls-authors.jpg

You can apply similar configuration for you group(s) against your content.

Here are some useful pages:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @aem-explorer, you should use ACLs to set proper level of permissions for author group. This will prevent members of this group to publish pages from language-master tree. In other words Replicate permission should be set only for content tree that are not part of you language-master.

As an example I've modified OOTB content-authors (Authors) group in context of we-retail. This has been done from AEM Security console/view accessible under /useradmin :

acls-authors.jpg

You can apply similar configuration for you group(s) against your content.

Here are some useful pages: