Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Difference between Section and Container in Touch UI dialog for AEM 6.0

Level 2

I was referring to the following article and i have a query regarding the difference in use cases for container and section components.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Event Handlers in Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI Components

Is a section restricted to only to under tabs or can it used without the tabs aswell?

Is there any difference in how both section and container render or functionality ?

Can both be interchanged while developing a dialog?

3 Replies

Level 2

smacdonald2008

I cannot find anything about section in the link.Also there is also a fieldset mentioned. Could u please tell me the difference between Container , Section and FieldSet with any examples if possible.

Level 10

If  you search for Section - you will see the data type in the reference docs - as you can see here.  If you search for Container - you will see the docs for that as well.

However - most examples that have Tabs in Touch UI use Containers. See 2nd illustration.

Seection.png

See here for example of using Container in a TOcuh UI dialog -

Tab11.png

To see this in an artilce and example AEM component - see:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM 6.2 HTML Template Language tab movie component