Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

dam:Scene 7 File Status : Process failed, how to resolve?

Level 3

Hi Community,

i have been trying out the Dynamic media in my latest cloud SDK, i have created an image profile to a folder in dam and uploaded an image . But the image shows processing failed everytime and the workflow status shows always "Process Failed".

Workflow history is below

kiran6_1-1663432158606.png

The metadata properties for it also shows => 

kiran6_0-1663432080884.png

How do I resolve it ??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So the error is  "Failed to create a S7 IPS job". Try following things if it helps

• Check Scene7 configuration if connection is still getting established.
  • Install  Dynamic Media Classic desktop application as you can see reason of failed job with details.
  • Create a log file set to debug level for following packages : com.adobe.cq.dam.ips & com.day.cq.dam.scene7. Please share logs if you find something useful apart from screenshot error.
  • Try with other images as well, sometimes corrupted image causes issue.

Last option is to raise a support ticket in Adobe.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@kiran_22_12 check your scene7/dynamic media configuration.. appears that assets are not getting published to scene7 causing this

Level 3

Thank you @Nitin_laad , the configuration was used with pre-populated values and somehow that was causing issue that showed invalid username and password. I re-configured it by typing this time and it worked.

Community Advisor

Please check the log file to get the exact root cause. There could be a connectivity issue between your server and Scene7. Please share logs to help you further.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So the error is  "Failed to create a S7 IPS job". Try following things if it helps

• Check Scene7 configuration if connection is still getting established.
  • Install  Dynamic Media Classic desktop application as you can see reason of failed job with details.
  • Create a log file set to debug level for following packages : com.adobe.cq.dam.ips & com.day.cq.dam.scene7. Please share logs if you find something useful apart from screenshot error.
  • Try with other images as well, sometimes corrupted image causes issue.

Last option is to raise a support ticket in Adobe.

Community Advisor

@kiran_22_12 can you check the dynamic media configuration / connection is working fine, or is there any firewall or any IP whitelisting needed, Also check the logs for any errors while uploading 

Community Advisor

@kiran_22_12 

Below are multiple reasons that could be causing this issue, 

1. Check your Dynamic media connection

2. Maybe the user name and password for the DM would have expired or access has been lost

3. Check if the user is having the proper access permissions for the environment.

4. Check if you have the correct access to publish the assets or if any custom wf written for publishing the asset

5. Check for logs for any unusual erros