Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DAM Configuration for multiple countries and multiple languages

Level 1

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I was wondering if anyone has best practices to share around how to setup the DAM for multiple countries and multiple languages. If there are any resources out there which people have found useful and don't mind sharing here, that would be great! 

I am trying to find out what a good approach might be for a global site which is offered in several countries in several languages, but has perhaps 2 or 3 different blueprints. For e.g. all countries in the Americas (USA, Canada, Mexico) are modeled after the USA blueprint. All countries in Europe(UK, Germany, France) are modeled after the UK blueprint and so on.

Should assets be duplicated for all the sites that follow the blueprint? (E.g. have 3 different folders for USA, Canada and Mexico with assets on each site saved in the respective folders - including duplicates and unique assets) Or should the assets (icons, images) that are only unique to - say Mexico be saved under the folder for Mexico, while all other references point to USA, since that is what the site is modeled after.

Any inputs are welcome :) 

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Sai

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It really depends on individual project. But from my perspective having the same hierarchy as your site (MSM) would be the best practice. This would help in creating the similar ACLs as per the site. However, you can also have one global folder to use it for the global/common assets if the business/authors are same across the regions. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

It really depends on individual project. But from my perspective having the same hierarchy as your site (MSM) would be the best practice. This would help in creating the similar ACLs as per the site. However, you can also have one global folder to use it for the global/common assets if the business/authors are same across the regions.