Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

DAM Asset Timeline Error

Level 4

When I go to the DAM to look at the revision history of any asset, I'm getting an error. The page spins for a while and then throws a 500 error on status.html and events.provider.html.

The following are showing in my error log (truncated due to message size). I have no idea what's causing this or how to solve the issue, but the timeline is a hugely beneficial aspect of the DAM for our users. 

I saw one post that said this is a bug and to increase the query limits to get around it for now as well as purge workflows more often, but is there a better fix? I did set up a purge scheduler config.

14.07.2020 12:21:08.027 *WARN* [73.59.160.11 [1594729261824] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/coral/content/commons/sidepanels/timeline/items/events.provider.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.FilterIterators The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes.
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped.
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.FilterIterators.checkReadLimit(FilterIterators.java:70) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core:1.10.8]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.property.strategy.ContentMirrorStoreStrategy$PathIterator.fetchNextPossiblyDuplicate(ContentMirrorStoreStrategy.java:458) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core:1.10.8]

14.07.2020 12:21:08.027 *WARN* [73.59.160.11 [1594729261753] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/coral/content/commons/sidepanels/timeline/items/status.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.FilterIterators The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes.
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped.
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.FilterIterators.checkReadLimit(FilterIterators.java:70) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core:1.10.8]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.property.strategy.ContentMirrorStoreStrategy$PathIterator.fetchNextPossiblyDuplicate(ContentMirrorStoreStrategy.java:458) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core:1.10.8]

Before these error messages, I'm also seeing dozens of messages like the following payload query plus the one reference to a move workflow which I don't understand because I'm not trying to move anything, just view the timeline for the asset to access version history.

14.07.2020 12:21:01.844 *WARN* [73.59.160.11 [1594729261830] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/coral/content/commons/sidepanels/timeline/items/alerts.provider.html HTTP/1.1] libs.cq.gui.components.coral.common.admin.timeline.alerts.workflow.provider$jsp Resource referenced by payload doesn't exist for workflow instance /var/workflow/instances/server0/2020-06-17/request_to_complete_move_operation_439
14.07.2020 12:21:02.475 *WARN* [73.59.160.11 [1594729261753] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/coral/content/commons/sidepanels/timeline/items/status.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.property.strategy.ContentMirrorStoreStrategy Index-Traversed 10000 nodes (20240 index entries) using index cqPayloadPath with filter Filter(query=SELECT * FROM [cq:Payload] AS payload WHERE (payload.path = '/content/dam/eko/publications/fxp/am-operations/courier-fine-sort/section-4' OR payload.path = '/content/dam/eko/publications/fxp/am-operations/courier-fine-sort/section-4/jcr:content' OR payload.path LIKE '/content/dam/eko/publications/fxp/am-operations/courier-fine-sort/section-4/jcr:content/%' OR payload.path LIKE '/etc/workflow/packages/%' OR payload.path LIKE '/var/workflow/packages/%'), path=*, property=[path=[is not null]])
14.07.2020 12:21:02.481 *WARN* [73.59.160.11 [1594729261824] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/coral/content/commons/sidepanels/timeline/items/events.provider.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.property.strategy.ContentMirrorStoreStrategy Index-Traversed 10000 nodes (20240 index entries) using index cqPayloadPath with filter Filter(query=SELECT * FROM [cq:Payload] AS payload WHERE (payload.path = '/content/dam/eko/publications/fxp/am-operations/courier-fine-sort/section-4' OR payload.path = '/content/dam/eko/publications/fxp/am-operations/courier-fine-sort/section-4/jcr:content' OR payload.path LIKE '/content/dam/eko/publications/fxp/am-operations/courier-fine-sort/section-4/jcr:content/%' OR payload.path LIKE '/etc/workflow/packages/%' OR payload.path LIKE '/var/workflow/packages/%'), path=*, property=[path=[is not null]])

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @jetate,

As per the following error [0], I can see some corrupted workflow instances under /var/workflow/instances like request_to_complete_move_operation.  This can be fixed by clearing the workflow instance under /var/workflow/instances/server0, server1 and server2 which are completed on a model.

To do this, please move everything from /var/workflow/instances to /tmp and save the change and then try the use case.

[0]: 

14.07.2020 12:21:01.844 *WARN* [73.59.160.11 [1594729261830] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/coral/content/commons/sidepanels/timeline/items/alerts.provider.html HTTP/1.1] libs.cq.gui.components.coral.common.admin.timeline.alerts.workflow.provider$jsp Resource referenced by payload doesn't exist for workflow instance /var/workflow/instances/server0/2020-06-17/request_to_complete_move_operation_439

Thanks,

Vaishali

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @jetate,

As per the following error [0], I can see some corrupted workflow instances under /var/workflow/instances like request_to_complete_move_operation.  This can be fixed by clearing the workflow instance under /var/workflow/instances/server0, server1 and server2 which are completed on a model.

To do this, please move everything from /var/workflow/instances to /tmp and save the change and then try the use case.

[0]: 

Thanks,

Vaishali

Level 4
Oh, that's awesome. Thank you SO much. I removed the workflows using the ACS Commons Workflow Remover tool, and now the timeline is working again.

Level 1
I have fixed the issue by following below steps :-1. Go to http://aem-host:port/workflow and log in as admin 2. Click on the Instances tab and terminate all workflows 3. Go to http://aem-host:port/crx/de/index.jsp 4. Browse to /var/eventing 5. Delete all folders under "assigned", "unassigned" and "cancelled"