Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customizing page returned if user does not have access to any resources but is SAML authenticated

Level 4

Currently, if a user has no access on the repository but since SAML is configured is authenticated and posted back to AEM instance, it shows a default 404/403 page. We want to customize that page. However, the documentation here mentions that it's not recommended. What's the best way to display customized error for such a scenario? 

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/develop/platform/customizing-errorhandler-pages.html

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Chetan,

Which statement are you referring in docs? I do not see such recommendation and btw steps in document is correct way to customize 404/403. 

Coming to SAML from aem 6.2 on wards you can customize the error page. By default it goes to login page with error message.  If you are using previous version please reach out to support team to get feature pack to backport custom error handling page.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Chetan,

Which statement are you referring in docs? I do not see such recommendation and btw steps in document is correct way to customize 404/403. 

Coming to SAML from aem 6.2 on wards you can customize the error page. By default it goes to login page with error message.  If you are using previous version please reach out to support team to get feature pack to backport custom error handling page.

Thanks,