Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Custom Event

Level 2

Hi,

I have a requirement in my project where I have to create an event and when I submit the event details, a link should be displayed on click on which that event should added in my outlook. Can anyone please help me in implementing this requirement.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It depends a bit on your specific requirements, but what I have done in the past is to create a new page template and component for Events and then added a rendering servlet to generate an iCal file (which is really just a text file) for these pages. The date, title, location, etc. were all page content.

A different approach would be to use a single "calendar" page and then add Event components to a parsys on this page. This is fine too (and the same style iCal servlet could be used here), but the downside is that each event doesn't have a direct URL. When I did the page-style implementation, this was a problem because you had to be able to Share an individual event to Facebook and Twitter.

HTH,

Justin

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

It depends a bit on your specific requirements, but what I have done in the past is to create a new page template and component for Events and then added a rendering servlet to generate an iCal file (which is really just a text file) for these pages. The date, title, location, etc. were all page content.

A different approach would be to use a single "calendar" page and then add Event components to a parsys on this page. This is fine too (and the same style iCal servlet could be used here), but the downside is that each event doesn't have a direct URL. When I did the page-style implementation, this was a problem because you had to be able to Share an individual event to Facebook and Twitter.

HTH,

Justin