Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

CRXDE Lite in Chrome is missing source pane window

Level 4

Using CRXDE Lite in the latest version of Chrome, and both the source pane window, and property pane below it are gone. Is there any way to "reset" the tool so that it goes back to an original configuration? I've tried restarting the author service, and Chrome, multiple times, but it doesn't come back up. If I open it in IE, or Firefox, the tool displays correctly, (so it appears to be Chrome specific). Maybe I need to get rid of a temp file etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Try opening CRXDE in incognito mode.

If that works, clear your cache for your regular browser.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

Can you add a screen shot, and post any javascript errors that may occur in the console?

Level 4

I don't really know how to use the console, but there are no errors as far as I can see. Even when I navigate down to a component node, and try to open {component}.jsp, it doesn't show. There must be some way to reset CRXDE Lite. It's like I deleted the source pane, and can't get it back. The same browser can display CRXDE Lite properly from another installation.

Correct answer by
Level 8

Try opening CRXDE in incognito mode.

If that works, clear your cache for your regular browser.

Level 4

Clearing the "cookies and other site and plugin data" got the windows back to normal. I still can't figure how they were deleted, but that's the solution to this issue. In Chrome, go to Menu->More Tools->Clear browsing data and check the "cookies and other site plugin data" box, and be sure to delete as far back as you can, (i.e not just the past hour etc.).