Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Creating an AEM project using Lazybones | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Creating an AEM project using Lazybones by Gustavo Hernan Perticarari

Abstract

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this community and I hope you find it interesting. I have been looking for "how to create an AEM project from the scratch" and I did not find good information about it. That's why I decided to create this guide taking all the information that I found and adding my part (obviously).

Adobe is recommending its customers to create AEM project structure using Lazybones instead of traditional Maven archetype 10. As when we create an AEM project using Maven archetype it is not easy to customize, it provides lots of sample content and packages like a test, launcher. Which might not be required for your project, on the contrary, lazybones is very interactive, flexible and easy to customize according to your project need. Adobe Consulting Services (ACS) provides an AEM multi-module template using which you can create AEM projects, which includes a lot of default config options and also provides an option to include the ACS commons package as a subpackage.

What is Lazybones?
Lazybones is a command-line tool and is built in two parts. First, lazybones command-line tool and second project templates.

This command-line tool allows you to create a new project structure for any framework or library for which the tool has a template. Currently, ACS has contributed one template for creating AEM multi-module project, which we are going to use in this tutorial.

How to Install Lazybones?
Mac (2 options)
i. Install Sdkman and then run “sdk install lazybones”
ii. Download lazybones distribution package from BinTray, unzip it and add it to your PATH

Read Full Blog

Creating an AEM project using Lazybones

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies