Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Creating an AEM 6.1 personalized experience - Issue

Level 10

Hi,

For Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 personalized experience, I am at Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 personalized experience .

The first task to perform is to register two AEM users named David smith and John clark, by clicking Sign up as below. in Geometrics Media page.

1362491_pastedImage_2.png

But my Geometrics Media page does not display Sign Up button as below:

1362492_pastedImage_3.png

I am on AEM 6.2.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I will not recommend importing those pages in AEM6.2 for doing personalizatio. As personalization would not work with the way it is mention in Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 personalized experience

Teaser component is depricated from AEM 6.2 Teasers and Strategies

Best way to use in Adobe Target or ContextHub:

Creating Personal Experiences using Experience Manager and Adobe Target

Using the Adobe Experience Manager ContextHub to work with Personal Experiences

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

AFAIK,

Register option was removed from Geometrixx from 6.2 Onwards for reason due to deprecated API for the account manager.

Though you can still make it work with few steps:

1. Enable service in config

1362546_pastedImage_0.png

2. Package register pages /content/geometrixx-media/en/toolbar/account/register from 6.1 to 6.2

3. Configure sign up URL in page properties of /content/geometrixx-media/en

After this, you should be able to see sign up in the header.

OR

For the easier way to get users working, I would say create the user in useradmin of 6.2 and then you will be able to login with those users in AEM 6.2 Geometrixx - I tried, it worked.

Thanks

Level 10

Hi,

Please let me know the step by step instructions for option-2 and steps 2 and 3 of option-1.

Is rest everything in this article the same for 6.2?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Scott,

I will surely follow Toy Store example. Thanks for this pointer.

However, I would like also to follow edubey's reply.

Hi @edubey, kindly offer step by step instructions for your guidance.

I highly appreciate all your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi edubey,

1. Please let me know the step by step instructions for "Package register pages /content/geometrixx-media/en/toolbar/account/register from 6.1 to 6.2".

2. "For the easier way to get users working, I would say create the user in useradmin of 6.2 and then you will be able to login with those users in AEM 6.2 Geometrixx"

What are the options to be selected while user creation?

Should he be added to any group

Any privileges to be assigned?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

That article was written a long time ago - the better way now is to use ContextHub.

Level 10

Point 1- Use package manager in AEM and get those pages in from 6.1 to 6.2 instance

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/administering/using/package-manager.html

I recommended option 2 so that you can register user via useradmin and don't have to use package manager for pages, config changes

Point 2- I don't think you need to give any permission as such

Correct answer by
Administrator

I will not recommend importing those pages in AEM6.2 for doing personalizatio. As personalization would not work with the way it is mention in Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 personalized experience

Teaser component is depricated from AEM 6.2 Teasers and Strategies

Best way to use in Adobe Target or ContextHub:

Creating Personal Experiences using Experience Manager and Adobe Target

Using the Adobe Experience Manager ContextHub to work with Personal Experiences

Kautuk Sahni