Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Create renditions with names assigned to them via workflow

Level 9

Hi All,

I have a rendition workflow, with similar process steps[the dimensions are different at each in the arguments], as seen in the attachment.

#1]I want to assign a unique name to the renditions generated at each of the step.

#2] Tried looking for information on it, but was not successful. Probably some additional argument has to be provided?

Any thoughts/pointers on this will be helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

i dont think OOTB is supporting but control through process stetep.

So custom workflow java class and then read the file name and renditions names then you construct like all renditions under filename asset.

Note: There is not update asset method api to update the asset,just check whether asset is exist or not,then create if not exist

Hope this would help you,let me know if you have still doubts.

Thanks

Nani.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

i dont think OOTB is supporting but control through process stetep.

So custom workflow java class and then read the file name and renditions names then you construct like all renditions under filename asset.

Note: There is not update asset method api to update the asset,just check whether asset is exist or not,then create if not exist

Hope this would help you,let me know if you have still doubts.

Thanks

Nani.

Level 9

Hi Nani,

From what I understand, it is not possible to assign names to renditions via arguments[as seen in the screenshot],correct?

I need to probably write a custom process step, but even if that will work is not guaranteed, correct?

Former Community Member

Yes so you need to write custom workflow process step and implement the logic and dont use that existing one.

Level 9

Hi,

ok. Can you please provide me with the Adobe documentation link wherein the list of arguments that can be used in a workflow are given[like in the screenshot]. Tried searching, but somehow not able to find it.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----