Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create DAM structure with Blueprint

Level 3

Hi, 

I have a blueprint for creating  a new site. Along with the new site structure I would also like to already create a DAM structure to go with it. 

What would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks for your help, 

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

It is not supported OOTB. You might have to write your own end point to do this. For example when you create a site using blueprint /bin/wcmcommand get called with cmd=createSite which internally calls CreateSiteCommand class which then looks for your configurations from input form and then create site. In order to include DAM or tags or any path, you might need to extend this and with your own end point, then update create site form action to point to your end point. Hope it will help.

Yogesh

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

It is not supported OOTB. You might have to write your own end point to do this. For example when you create a site using blueprint /bin/wcmcommand get called with cmd=createSite which internally calls CreateSiteCommand class which then looks for your configurations from input form and then create site. In order to include DAM or tags or any path, you might need to extend this and with your own end point, then update create site form action to point to your end point. Hope it will help.

Yogesh

Level 10

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out.

You may want to look at the below mentioned doc to see if  it helps:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/content/assets.html

thanks!

Level 3

Thanks Yogesh, 

sounds good :)

I have a new service/component that implements the WCMCommand class and I've updated the cmd property to call my new class. 

But I can't find the correct method to create the site when overriding the performCommand().

Would you know how to do that?

Thanks, 

Alex

Level 5

Hello Alex,

Unfortunately not all classes required to extend LiveCommand is exposed or extensible. You might have to Extend com.day.cq.wcm.api.commands.WCMCommand and write your own performCommand. I have created a ticket with daycare to exposed some more classes under com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl which is exposed as service but not exported by any bundle. That will make your life easier.

Yogesh