Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ6 - Touch UI - RTE plugins missing

Level 1

Hello,

we are trying to port our Classic UI functionality to TouchUI, but we have fund that new inline RTE (edytorType: text) is missing many useful plugins. 

I have found documentation, where it's specified what plugins are missing in TouchUI comparing to EXTJS RTE, it's to be found here: http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/operations/page-authoring/rich-text-editor.html#Plu... and their Features

In document linked aboved, it's not mentioned that TouchUI is also missing another useful plugin: styles. The question is, are there plans in any further versions/service packs to add these functionalities to TouchUI?:

• Table
  • Styles
  • Heading chooser (paraformat)

Lack of these functionalities is blocking us from porting our components to TouchUI

Sincerelly

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello

I've checked this with the developer and paraformat (and styles) are now supported - but only in full-screen mode. See:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/page-authoring/editing-content.html?#Edit%20%28Content%...

Apologies there was a discrepancy in the documentation (between the administering and using pages) for the RTE - I've updated this now.

I cannot say anything about future support for the table plugin, but there is a Table component. Hopefully that is of use.

Hope that helps. If you have any further issues or questions please feel free to contact us.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello

I've checked this with the developer and paraformat (and styles) are now supported - but only in full-screen mode. See:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/page-authoring/editing-content.html?#Edit%20%28Content%...

Apologies there was a discrepancy in the documentation (between the administering and using pages) for the RTE - I've updated this now.

I cannot say anything about future support for the table plugin, but there is a Table component. Hopefully that is of use.

Hope that helps. If you have any further issues or questions please feel free to contact us.

Level 1

Hello

I must say I'm little bit confused by you post. I have double check both my instance (Geometrix text component) and documentation and in both I cannot see any of mentioned plugins (paraformat or styles).

Documentation screens show just:

• Bold, Italic, underline
  • Links, links break
  • Anchor
  • Aligns
  • Bullets
  • Indent

Sam functionality is enabled on my AEM 6.0.0 instance, in both "simple" and "full screen" mode (indent in full screen only).

Employee

Hello again

I have tested configuration of the paraformat and although it does work, there are a few key pieces of information missing from the documentation. Unfortunately it will take another few days to get the full details (for the various scenarios) confirmed. I'm also confirming some details about the styles functionality.

Apologies for the delay and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Employee

OK, sorry for the delay on this, but we have been testing and checking details with the development department this week.

The feedback is that:

Hope that all helps.