Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

CQ logs in straight into the welcome screen as the wrong user with Firefox

Level 3

We are currently using CQ 5.4 (in the plans of upgrading), but some of our users are finding they are opening Firefox, then going to CQ author, and being logged straight in, but with the wrong user details. This doesn't seem to occur under IE or Chrome. Anyone else experienced this or know of a hotfix? If users go to the SiteAdmin it then says the user is Anonymous and doesnt display any sites. The issue doesn't always occur even in Firefox

I did notice that the login-token cookie does not seem to be being created under Firefox, but I would have thought this would stop login at all. How its allowing users straight in I have no idea.

Any suggestions appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Another possibility could be SSO but still uses login token.  might be serving stale. Browser cache issue or webserver caching issue.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Another possibility could be SSO but still uses login token.  might be serving stale. Browser cache issue or webserver caching issue.  

Level 3

Sham HC wrote...

Hi I did clear the webserver doc cache out and restart it. Also I don't believe it is stale content as the welcome page is displaying a user name that has never used the PC in question. This user name seems to be different every time. It has also indicated that the user is logged in as Administrator, when that account has never been used.

This only seems to affect Firefox as well, and has so far not happened in Chrome or IE. It has affected several users but in the same office. The issue could be network related, but Im not sure how.

What about the issue that the login-token cookie is not appearing in Firefox.

Note - Not sure why this question has been moved the "Adobe Media Optimizer" forum, when this is a CQ/AEM question. Can it be moved back

Level 10

Rich_Clem wrote...

Sham HC wrote...

Hi I did clear the webserver doc cache out and restart it. Also I don't believe it is stale content as the welcome page is displaying a user name that has never used the PC in question. This user name seems to be different every time. It has also indicated that the user is logged in as Administrator, when that account has never been used.

This only seems to affect Firefox as well, and has so far not happened in Chrome or IE. It has affected several users but in the same office. The issue could be network related, but Im not sure how.

What about the issue that the login-token cookie is not appearing in Firefox.

If you are using dispatcher then it is expected if you have not configured caching rules correctly.  send your dispatcher.any & httpd conf files.