Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

cq:CalendarEvent nodetype is deprecated in 5.6.1

Level 4

While migrating from AEM 5.6.1 to 6.1, we have noticed that this node is deprecated. In the existing code, this node has been used as the primaryType for certain component includes in the templates instead of 'nt:unstructured' (probably for querying the repository). Could you please let me know how could we install this nodetype in aem 6.1. Also, please let me know if we should not introduce this deprecated nodetype.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

yes, any such primary type has to be changed in AEM 6.1

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Did you read Upgrading to AEM 6.1 Communities?

The code for the 5.6.1 calendar feature uses JSP, not the SCF framework and HBS scripts.

AEM 6.1 also brought changes to the location and method for accessing UGC (no more reverse/forward replication).  See Community Content Storage (often referred to as SRP).

I would suggest exploring what it would take to upgrade to SCF.

- JK

Level 4

Thanks JK for proving more insight into the SCF Framework.

However, in our implementation this is being used for an event detail component that renders event details on the page based on data coming from an external system. This component is configured into a template with jcr:primaryType as 'cq:CalendarEvent' instead of 'nt:unstructured' and we have logic to create a new page using this template whenever new events are coming from external system.

<jcr:content
        jcr:primaryType="cq:PageContent"
        sling:resourceType="foobar/components/pages/eventPage">
        <event
            jcr:lastModified="{Date}2014-02-14T18:16:34.126+08:00"
            jcr:primaryType="cq:CalendarEvent"
            sling:resourceType="foobar/components/eventDetail"/>

Correct answer by
Level 10

yes, any such primary type has to be changed in AEM 6.1

Level 4

Thanks for the update Lokesh. We will make this change eventually.

However, as quick work around, just thought of asking if it is really possible to reintroduce this nodetype in AEM 6.1 by installing a package or something.