Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Copymove is defined in cq:actions of a new component but it doesn't appear in menu while editing the page

Level 6

Hi,

I received the task to check why the client can't drag and drop the components to change their position (already created and existing on the page) while editing the page. I thought it has to have Copymove in actions, it has.

Please guide me what else should I check and do. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
Its seems the area/parsys on which u are trying to move  has restricted this component. I would suggest, go to design mode and allow this component into the parsys where u r trying to move. Then it will be fine.      

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10
Good to hear that. Have a nice day       

Level 10
Hi, Its simple, When you hover on a components you see a green color border parsys, now take your mouse cursor on that bold green line and then drag n drop to change position.        

Correct answer by
Level 10
Its seems the area/parsys on which u are trying to move  has restricted this component. I would suggest, go to design mode and allow this component into the parsys where u r trying to move. Then it will be fine.      

Level 6

hi @edubey.

no border appears around both components of same type (they are already  exist on the page). So I want to change the position above the another for example. Only a menu bar shown above each component with it's name and Edit Delete buttons.

Although I can click on this bar and drag, in first moment a green check appeared then on trying to move the component to another location a red Not sign appears, and I can't move this component.

Level 6

[img]subnavigation2.png[/img]

Hi.

I changed in the design mode to include to parsys SubNavigationItem component.

Also I changed the parent node too. And in some point of time I could move the parent node between the children nodes. That was incorrect, so I undone it.

But still I cann't change positions of item1 and item2.

Level 6

edubey wrote...

Its seems the area/parsys on which u are trying to move has restricted this component. I would suggest, go to design mode and allow this component into the parsys where u r trying to move. Then it will be fine.

Ah ok  i will try it

Level 6

I can't move them with drag and drop. but now I tried to cut and copy . and that works. but the client wants to use drag&drop.

Level 10

Could you please share the component node structure in CRX ? 

Level 6

hey !!!  Now i can move these components.

From this link I read that I needed also Insert parameter in editConfig. I added it and can drag and drop .

http://cqfive.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/on-parsys-drag.html

Thank you, for your help @edubey.

Have a nice afternoon.