Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Copying a page but not its subpages

Level 2

Hi, in AEM, when I do a copy and paste for a page with subpages, it seems all the subpages are also included. Is there any way to make a copy without including the subpages? I have to go into the duplicated page and manually remove the subpages after. The subpages only continue to grow as time goes by, so this isn't a good long term approach.

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

We can copy the single page from right side panel of siteadmin. while copy and paste, it will ask you for check box COPY CHILDREN.

once you will uncheck it. it will not copy the subpages or children.

However in touch UI, I am not able to do this. you can make use of siteadmin.

~ Prince

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Are you copying and pasting in site admin?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

We can copy the single page from right side panel of siteadmin. while copy and paste, it will ask you for check box COPY CHILDREN.

once you will uncheck it. it will not copy the subpages or children.

However in touch UI, I am not able to do this. you can make use of siteadmin.

~ Prince

Level 9

You have valid requirement but there is no such feature available in AEM siteadmin.

You could create a new page and in order to copy the existing content to the new page. Use crxde to copy SOURCE jcr:content content to Destination page jcr:content. This is just a workaround. if you are doing exercise more often then would prefer to develop a simple utility.

JeanTheGleaner wrote...

Hi, in AEM, when I do a copy and paste for a page with subpages, it seems all the subpages are also included. Is there any way to make a copy without including the subpages? I have to go into the duplicated page and manually remove the subpages after. The subpages only continue to grow as time goes by, so this isn't a good long term approach.

Thanks! 

Administrator

Agreeing with Prince. You can do it by using classic UI (there is a checkbox Copy children, uncheck it), where as in Touch UI there is not such option.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Oo, that is handy. I have AEM 6.0 though, and when I click copy, that option doesn't pop up for me :( Are you using a different version of AEM?

Community Advisor

Hey,

I tried it in AEM 6.2 and I am not sure but I think this is also available in AEM 6.1.

~ Prince

Level 2

Prince Shivhare wrote...

Hey,

I tried it in AEM 6.2 and I am not sure but I think this is also available in AEM 6.1.

~ Prince

Thanks, Prince. I guess we'll get the feature after we upgrade then!