Expand my Community achievements bar.

Copy/Paste Function

Level 2

I have a basic question about the copy/paste function in AEM

In Assets I have a folder that contains over 1000 subfolders. These are numbered consecutively. Now I want to copy a template folder into one of the subfolders. Do I really only have one possibility to find the right subfolder by scrolling?
If I try to get to the right folder via the URL, the paste button disappears. Is there another way to get to the right folder quickly without losing the paste function?

Thank you for the support

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@Pitchbend I believe so, as when you paste the URL the page is reloaded and the session is lost. 

You do have the below option to move to the respective folders.

ManuMathew1994_0-1677062861345.png

Level 2

@Manu_Mathew_ 

what do you mean exactly? I have the dropdown menu where I see the current path...but not the input window below it like on your screenshot.

Community Advisor

@Pitchbend It's just a dropdown menu of parent folders,- clicking on that would take you to respective folders, it's not an input window

for eg.

ManuMathew1994_0-1677065958365.png

Level 2

@Manu_Mathew_ 

yes i have the dropdown menu to move to the respective folder...but how can that help me (sorry, i have not been working with AEM for long)

Community Advisor

@Pitchbend I believe, you can use it to navigate to the folder you want to paste your copied contents without losing the paste function.

Level 2

@Manu_Mathew_ 

Unfortunately no. In the dropdown menu I only see the parent folder of the 1000 subfolders. There is no way to quickly get to a specific folder unless you scroll to it. And AEM does not reload all folders but only a fraction. That's why it takes forever.