Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Context hub not working on publish environment?

Level 3

Hi,

I am using context hub for personalization in a component.

for that, I created an audience for chrome users and Firefox users and the activities and so on.

So I authored different content for "default", chrome and firefox audience.

So it is working well and as expected on the author instance.

But when I view the page on PUBLISH environment it is showing default content only and not chrome or firefox content.

Tested on both AEM 6.4 and 6.5

P.S. I have activated page, audience, activities everything.

25 Replies

Level 3

Don't forget to mark it answered if it works for you will help others looking for the similar issue.

Level 1

Hi Timmy,

I am facing the same issue on publish. I installed your package on aem 6.5 and SP1 version and its not working for me. Do i have to do some extra configuration to make it work on publish instance ?

Variants information in the teaser doesn't show the correct information. It only displays the default content. Ideally, it should have the information about both targeted  and default content.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 3.47.36 PM.png

Also, could you provide me the link for the daycare ticket ?

Thanks,

Manvi

Level 3

Hi manvig66636792​, Not sure if you have the same issue as others had on this thread. The fix I provided was for mainly for 6.4 and not tested for 6.5. Adobe included this fix for their next release which might have got released in September. So you can check the latest service pack or cumulative fix pack available and see if it still works.

Some other context :
Please check if in the page properties of your root page you have configured the /conf/<configuration> in the advaced tab else it will point to the old location from /etc. If its possible to create a video and upload to a drive or dropbox can you share a link of how you configured it so I know you didn't miss anything.

Also read through the above comments and make sure you have the same issue as others else it could be something else which needs to be looked upon.

The link for daycare ticket is logged with a company account so you won't be able to see without proper credentials.

Cheers,

Timmy Mathew

Level 3

shubhamg94002854​, does it work for you? Could you mark it as Answered or Unanswered so others know if this issue is fixed or not ?

Cheers,

Timmy Mathew

Level 3

I had the same issue in 6.5 version. It was working in author but not in the publish.

Once I restarted the instance it started working.

As timmy-mathew​ said, Adobe had released a service pack on 19th September,2019.

Once I have installed this package it got solved. Working in both author and publish without any restart.

Link to download Service pack:

https://www.adobeaemcloud.com/content/marketplace/marketplaceProxy.html?packagePath=/content/compani...

Release Notes:

AEM 6.5 Service Pack Release Notes