Replies

Highlighted

timmymathew

timmymathew

timmymathew

04-06-2019

I don’t think so. It was full fledged working in 6.3 on on both Author and Publish. Its the out of the box targeting engine if you don’t want to use the enterprise Test n Target solution.

Highlighted

shubhamg9400285

shubhamg9400285

shubhamg9400285

04-06-2019

Hi Aneet,

I have also tested with a user logged in on publish but still see only default data and not the personalized one.

I have done personlaization based on browser family.

I can see the correct browser family in context hub object in local storage and i am also not logged in as anonymous but as admin.

I am testing all this on we-retail site only.

Timmy's problem and mine are same.

Regards,

Shubham

Highlighted

berliant

Employee

berliant

Employee

berliant
Employee

05-06-2019

Please log a Daycare support case and report the issue.

Enterprise Support

Highlighted

joeb21688728

joeb21688728

joeb21688728

05-06-2019

The AEM documentation state ContextHub is used when authoring pages. [0]

0. ContextHub

Highlighted

timmymathew

timmymathew

timmymathew

05-06-2019

Hi Joeb,

Please read the documentation carefully. It doesn’t say it’s meant only for authors. As I mentioned before its a full fledged mechanism which works on both author and publish before 6.4 repository restructuring.

Only difference is on author you get the tools to simulate the behaviour in the UI module of contexthub so you can check if all the configurations are setup correctly and right audiences are selected but on publish it works only with javascript coz you dont want the end user to keep simulating things.

Also think practically what’s the benefit of having it only in author after doing all the configuration.

Also before 6.4 & 6.5 it was working as per the use case in 6.3 for author and publish.

I have raised the support ticket and adobe has identified it as issue.

I hope I have given you enough info for the same answer

Highlighted

shubhamg9400285

shubhamg9400285

shubhamg9400285

05-06-2019

Hi Timmy,

Please let me know when you hear anything from adobe regarding this issue.

It will be wonderful if you can just update this thread with your ticket resolution details.

Regards,

Shubham

Highlighted

timmymathew

timmymathew

timmymathew

05-06-2019

Sure I will.

Highlighted

alissonxavier01

alissonxavier01

alissonxavier01

13-08-2019

Hi timmymathew

Any update about the ticket? I have had this same problem and I have resolved when I restarted the publish instance.

Highlighted

suniln13212398

suniln13212398

suniln13212398

21-08-2019

Hi timmymathew

I am facing the issue with AEM 6.3 SP3 its fine with SP2, It would be helpful if you share the resolution

Highlighted

timmy-mathew

timmy-mathew

timmy-mathew

22-08-2019

Hi shubhamg94002854alissonxavier0105suniln13212398​,

I create a daycare ticket and they acknowledged that there was an issue at the publish. They will release the fix with the next cumulative pack somewhere in September, 2019. Meanwhile for testing purpose they sent me a code fix package which if you install via the crx/packmgr works fine for me.

I'm attaching the code fix for 6.4 (I haven't tested it yet with 6.5) but its soley for testing purpose and adobe doesn't recommend to use it on production though the fix works fine they want to launch it official release

This message box doesn't allow me to upload the zip file so I've uploaded it to the drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EXFwqABYTUJG-UTbi63Y2RUYuAGjY1dm

Hope this helps