Expand my Community achievements bar.

Connected Remote Assets on AEM 6.5 – Setup & Caveats | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Connected Remote Assets on AEM 6.5 – Setup & Caveats by TAD REEVES - jetteroheller dot com

Abstract

One of the new interesting features of AEM 6.5 is the ability to set up a connected AEM Assets environment, such that you could browse & use assets from a remote AEM Assets instance on your local AEM Sites instance.

Now that I’ve gotten a chance to set this up and watch it go, I wanted to give a brief overview of how to set it up, as well as caveats on what it can & can’t do.

AEM Connected Assets Architecture Overview
What this new Connected Assets topology allows you to do, is to separate out your DAM repository from your AEM Sites author, so that your Assets instance can specifically be built around handling bulk assets, and your sites author can be optimized around a great authoring & publishing experience.

What this Connected Assets feature allows you to do:
1. Connect as many Sites Authors as you want to a single Assets author
2. On a Sites Author, one can browse & search image assets on a remote Assets author
3. One can then drag & drop assets from the remote Assets author onto your page, which will automatically download them onto the Sites Author

Read Full Blog

Connected Remote Assets on AEM 6.5 – Setup & Caveats

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies