Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Connected Assets on Custom component

Level 2

In Connected Assets, I am able to drag and drop an image from the remote DAM using the features, and it caches a local copy of the image in the local site. However, I am unable to add those remote DAM assets into a custom component.

When I drag and drop the image into the custom component, I can see the properties of the file reference as "/content/dam/connectedassets/demo/abc.jpg", which shows the local site DAM folder. It is not caching the local copy of the image into the local site DAM folder, so there are no resources found in this path that's the error.

It is working perfectly when I drag and drop the image into a Sites page. It caches and copies the image into the local folder, and I can even reuse it. My problem is that I need to use it in a custom component.

Are there any particular steps that I need to add to the custom component to use remote DAM assets?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on 'It works perfectly when I drag and drop the image into a Site page.' ?

Does it work with core components or foundation components but not with your custom components on the site?

If it works in core component which it does work then check if you are missing anything in your custom component.

In order to work with connected assets, you need to drag and drop images directly in the component then only it will cache the local copy.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Can you please elaborate on 'It works perfectly when I drag and drop the image into a Site page.' ?
I can use it by simply dragging and dropping images, which creates an image component and caches a copy of the image on the local site's.

However, when using my custom component that has a file upload resource type for images, I am encountering issues. When I try to drag and drop an image into the custom component, it doesn't seem to work.

I'm not sure what I'm missing or if I need to modify the component in some way.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor