Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Connect local AEM to different AEM JCR host

Level 2

I'm trying to connect my local AEM (5.6) to the AEM JCR on another box. I found the following, but it is not working. How do I accomplish this?

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/core/developing/development_tools/developing_with_crxde/config...

Thanks,

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I find that topic a bit suspicious. I am going to investigate to see if its accurate or outdated information.

I have not heard about changing a child node of apps/<my project>  to change the AEM repository that CRXDE works with. 

Typically to point your CRXDE client to a remote CQ Server -- you enter the URL of the CQ server in the CRXDE login:

[img]CRXDE.png[/img]

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

The topic that you referenced is about using CRXDE (Configuring CRXDE). Are  you saying that you cannot get your CRXDE tool to connect to a remote CQ server? 

Level 2

That's correct (my appologies, I'm still pretty new to this world).

I tried a few different location values for the com.day.crx.ide.CRXDEServlet node, maybe I just don't know the expected pattern?  Right now I have: http://172.23.87.129:4502/crx/server

Correct answer by
Level 10

I find that topic a bit suspicious. I am going to investigate to see if its accurate or outdated information.

I have not heard about changing a child node of apps/<my project>  to change the AEM repository that CRXDE works with. 

Typically to point your CRXDE client to a remote CQ Server -- you enter the URL of the CQ server in the CRXDE login:

[img]CRXDE.png[/img]

Level 2

I'm assuming I don't have the option to enter a URL in CRXDE Lite?  I'm not seeing it, I only have user/pass/workspace.

Level 10

CRXDE Lite is different from CRXDE.  

CRXDE is a standalone client that lets you work on remote versions of CQ. That is  -- you can login to a remote CQ server via the login screen as shown in a previous thread in this question. 

In contrast  -- CRXDE Lite is embedded into CRX/CQ. Unlke CRXDE - you cannot point CRXDE Lite to a remote repository. TO work in the remote repository - log onto the remote CQ server and work in its CRXDE Lite from your web browser.