Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Component's dialog tabs are broken in AEM 6.3, CoralUi3

Level 3

I was migrating the sling:resourceType granite/coralUi3 properties by follwing this helpex article : Migration Guide to CoralUI 3-based — Granite UI 1.0 documentation 

Where i was trying to modify the textImage component. This article says that in AEM 6.3 layouts have been removed. so i modified my component as:

1544547_pastedImage_3.png

1544548_pastedImage_4.png

1544549_pastedImage_5.png

1544550_pastedImage_6.png

I removed the "layout" from starting. But my dialog tabs appears to be broken:

1544551_pastedImage_7.png

I changed all the sling:resourceType properties inside second tab according to that helpex document and after that this dialogs is showing distorted.  Also the margin in the two tabs also not looking good.

Is there problem going on with coralUi3 or something i missed here? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the link with the package that works.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem64_htl_movie_component.html

Also - here is a video that shows Granite/COral component dialog looks good with tabs.

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Level 10

I see now - the 1st node. We will fix this.

Level 3

fine then! we will also use it like this way   for mutiple tabs in the dialog

Thanks Scott!

Level 3

Hi I am not mixing both, but in the same compoentn you see "/apps/moviecomponent/components/content/tab-component/cq:dialog/content"

they have used granite/ui/components/foundation/container  instead using coral.

Please see the content node. There is some issue with the coral6.3 ui i believe.

try to change the content node to "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/container"  you can observe that

Level 3

please see the content node for the tab-component it is not in accordance with coral3. If you will add coral in the url the tabs will break again so this is like a mismatch now

Level 10

THis will be updated to reflect CORE Component dialog structure where tabs are used.

Level 3

Or may be we can keep this way for content node. But I will wait to see. If it gets changed to coral3 type specifically the sling resource property for content node    Thanks for the help though!! Appreciate that

Level 10

I am updating again - i like our community articles to reflect best practice. The artilce will be updated within 45 mins

Level 10

New package will ahve this dialog JCR branch - that has same look and feel - but all are coral/granite types that work

Tabs33.png

Level 10

Should be updated now - you should see this in Package description...

tab77.png

Level 3

Thanks! Scott!! That's awesome. It works fine now. Little modification but ow perfect!!

Thanks again!