Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

component HTML has changed but local publisher is still showing the old version

Level 8

So my component HTML has been reduced to 

<!-- my-component -->
<h1>my-component</h1>

But every time I load the page that contains the component, I keep on getting something else (the original HTML before I reduced it to the HTML you see above)

Some info:

• This is page structure: page => experience fragment => component (though I somehow doubt this matters)
  • On my local author, I opened the fragment for editing. Any changes I make on the component HTML will reflect immediately when editing the fragment. (In this case, I can see the H1 tag I added)
  • I restarted publisher. same problem
  • I deleted the fragments (/content/experience-fragments/my-folder) and components (/apps/myprojects/components) folder on local publisher. When I reloaded the page, I get an empty content area (as expected). The header and footer is still showing.
  • I exported the fragments and components folder from local author and imported them into my local publisher and it's still the same problem.
  • From my local author, I've republished the page and the fragment several times. same problem. (I made sure the version in publisher is the same as author by going into CRXDE)

Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jayv25585659 Below are some of the questions i have can you check that in your local instance.

1. Is your replciation agent working fine in your author instance please check ?

2. Can you trigger a build to publisher instance using below command 

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage -Daem.port=4503

and also please check your bundles if they are active or not ? 

3. Once when trying to replicate the page or html  please check logs for any errors. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi @jayv25585659 ,

In general this should not happen, again on first hand please check what you are getting in author error log when published it. It must contain the cause.

Community Advisor

I know how irritating this would be.

lets try these steps:
1. Take a content package from your author with all the latest changes.

2. Give build to your publish instance, (mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackagePublish)

3. Install content in your publisher or just replicate the content package on your author (make sure the content package is in installed state before replicating)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jayv25585659 Below are some of the questions i have can you check that in your local instance.

1. Is your replciation agent working fine in your author instance please check ?

2. Can you trigger a build to publisher instance using below command 

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage -Daem.port=4503

and also please check your bundles if they are active or not ? 

3. Once when trying to replicate the page or html  please check logs for any errors.